Friday, December 31, 2010

Festival of the Trees

I was wondering what I was going to do for my NY eve post and happened to come across this blog call out from Jasmine and Nature's Whispers whose supporting the Festival of the Trees. You can check it out here. Good idea Jasmine! For my post I am re-posting some of my favourite tree photos. It's a chance to appreciate the beauty of the moment once again as I remember what it was like to be there. I hope you will enjoy this quick revisit!

Treescape taken nearly a year ago on our family camping trip to McLaren's falls. I collected bark to make a pigment from...and still have it!That's now on my list of things to try (again) when the mood next inspires me to do so!  I am pretty sure it's a bluegum tree and it has the most beautiful bark with a coppery brown dust. One of my happiest times in this whole year was at this camping trip, enjoying the sun, scenery and quiet with my family.


Autumn treescapes. Seeing these again takes me right back and immerses me in the beautiful light.  Autumn is my favourite time of the year and I barely saw it this year with my son in hospital. I am immersing myself in Autumn this coming year! Treescapes, leaf prints, seedpods, lino cuts....I am excited already!


Spring cherry tree blossoms...


Winter leaves, it amazing how they can hold on in the wind and rain!

Tree's are a near perfect theme for me and in keeping with the spirit of Jasmine's posting here are my 'New Year TREEsolutions'
  1. No matter how busy life gets I will photograph more trees and spend time walking beneath them. This is where I am most grounded and at peace.
  2. Something I have always wanted to do is Guerrilla type art...leaving art flags in trees and writing messages on leaves. This year I am going to fulfill this!
  3. Make pigments or dyes from tree leaves, bark, berries or seeds.
  4. Even though I already recycle and use recycled papers I believe there is always room for improvement so I'm committing to improving my 'green-ness.'
Happy New Years to you all...may 2011 be even better than 2010 and may you each fulfill your hopes and dreams what ever they may be. Thank you for your love and support over this past year,it's been a tough year for me and my family but we've made it!  I look forward to being a part of your 2011 and having you as part of mine.

Onwards and Upwards I say!

5 comments:

Irene said...

Happy New Year to you too, Lisa. I liked the visit with your trees and I liked reading your resolutions. I think I can agree with most of those. May all your wishes for the New Year be reasonable and may they all come true.

nancy neva gagliano said...

LOVE this!! TREEsolutions! all the best in this new year...brava!

Mick said...

Happy New Year, Lisa!

Lisa said...

lovely post...i mostly enjoyed seeing green and rebirth here in the land of cold and gray...

Happy New Year pulpy girl..it was a blast last year and now we continue onto our 3rd year of pulp....

Jasmine said...

Thank you for the lovely post Lisa. The Festival of te trees is not my idea though. I am only hosting this months edition. Thank you for joining in the fun xxJ