Saturday, October 8, 2011

Detox




I'm doing a detox! Too much housework, nursing, hospital and school work for me lately and I am definitely not achieving any sort of balance and haven't done for quite some time. So I am detoxing myself in the hope that I will find my artistic mojo beneath all those layers. I know I'm not alone in my struggle to find balance but my art supplies are actually gathering dust! I decided that despite everything going on I AM DOING ART THESE HOLIDAYS! Why is it something that is so important to me keeps making it to the bottom of the list? I have good intentions every week to spend time to spend being creative but leaving it to the end of the day when schools done, housework's done and kids are in bed inevitably means I don't do it....and I really need to. I could probably pick a better time given my daughters current situation but given I teach 2 out of 3 of my kids at home I really feel a sense of urgency to DO IT NOW while the school holidays are on...so I am. Obviously I won't be able to not do the housework but I'm hoping to finish these holidays a lot more in balance and in tune with myself.
Here's my to do list...
Finish my Graffiti pages, even though I missed the deadline for these. Something about these pages and my anatomically incorrect heart is really 'ringing my bell' so I am going to finish the series.

Finish the replacement ICE collage from this years exchange. Unfortunately one lady (out of over 100 artists) had her package explode in the post, one of mine was amongst those that went missing. I volunteered to replace it and it's about time I walked the walk instead of just talking it!

Start growing my ideas for next years exchange. I have a feeling the graffiti series are some how important to this which is another good reason to finish the pages! Visual diary, blow off that dust because here I come!

Visit blogs and be inspired! So many wonderful things to see in blogesphere and these fingers are doing some walking!

Photograph spring before the cherry blossoms have passed and all is green again. I am loving spring with my eyes every time I drop by youngest at school but it's about time I stopped and smelt the 'roses' too.



My camera's first outing in a while was also my daughters. The spring blossoms made for a beautiful walk and the perfect contrast to the bright hospital lights. It's so good to be home!

I'm sure you noticed this one's already been achieved...I wrote this blog post the other night as a draft and the next day remembered to grab my camera before heading into town. There's something about a list that puts intentions at the forefront of my mind. Already this detox is working and I feel a little more in balance.
See you soon!

7 comments:

Flower said...

All the best for your arty endevours Lisa! xxx

Heavens2Betsy said...

Sometimes, we just give too much of ourselves away and we need to keep some of us ... for us. Not easy in a busy life, I know so I hope your detox helps you find your way again. Great blossoms. penny

Mick said...

You GO girls!

Irene said...

Hi Lisa, the photos of the cherry blossoms are lovely. It's great to know that somewhere in world it is springtime. I hope you keep managing to juggle your busy life and that you'll find time to do your art. Maybe that is wishful thinking, but where there's a will, there's a way. XOX

Jo Murray said...

Good luck with that... keep away from distractions.

John M. Mora said...

Great to see all leevels of your love, mum.

chicken.crossed.road.to.see.the.art

deb said...

Glad to see you both out in the sunshine, and glad you are back! I was just thinking about you last night as I am working on a nest image and those always bring me back to you! Be well, best & blessings to you all