Thursday, August 19, 2010

Changing of the seasons.

I love the crisp brown leaves againts the stark grey sky. It always amazes me that something so fragile can hang on in spite winter's attempts to take over.

Officially, it's not spring yet...but these blossoms are marching to their own beat regardless of what the calendar says!

My son was well enough to manage the short walk today.  As I wandered he collected flowers for my flower press...gotta give him 10 points for that:)  Thankyou to everyone who has sent him well wishes, he's finally been diagnosed with glandular fever. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel just yet but atleast we have a label for the symptoms he's been having. I'm sure the lights there somewhere....
The magnolia's are also in bloom. With the harsh light and bright white of the flowers I thought they'd make a great black and white shot. It was so good to get out with my camera today, I planned a longer outing but just after these photos were taken the skies opened up and we were forced to make a hasty retreat!

13 comments:

Penny said...

I hope he gets better soon. When we were first married many years ago my DH got glandular fever 2 years running, this is not supposed to happen so heaven knows what the second bout was, he got over it and is still alive and well but it did take time (and I wasnt the most patient young wife and mother with a sick husband!)

Mick said...

A grand walk with a gander at seasonal beauty through your documentation of a walk, Lisa. Funny, Carla Kurt is doing some similar posts that capture the essence of some of her walks. :)

Irene said...

Too bad about your son. I hope he gets over it soon, but those fevers have a way of hanging on. It's strange that it took them so long to diagnose him.

Your black and white photo is really nice. Well done!

Caterina Giglio said...

well knowing what it is means the answers will appear... I am sending lots of healing energy to keep up the work on the road to recovery. your spring means my fall, yikes snow and ice is on the way!

Anonymous said...

Hi...I haven't been by here in awhile...I have missed out, you have some fabulous art going on...and the photos are lovely...sorry to hear about your son...I hope he recuperates really fast....cheers!
Mary

Lisa said...

wow.. I can't believe they finally came up with a diagnosis. I didn't know that mono could cause so many complications...I hope he is starting to feel a bit better..your poor lad has had an awful few months and deserves to enjoy life again! Lovely pics.. I guess you're feeling better to now that the docs have found some answers.

Seth said...

Hope your son begins to feel better soon. And as you say...at least it is a step that you now know what the illness is!

ArtPropelled said...

A relief to know what you're dealing with. It's the not knowing that causes extra stress. Glad you managed to take a few beautiful photos before the rain came down. Spring is on its way!

Sharmon Davidson said...

I love your photos; it's so strange to think you're going into Spring as we get ready for fall. I'm sorry your son's been sick, and I wish for him a speedy recovery!

nancy neva gagliano said...

agreed...good to have a diagnosis, but oh, it's hard. love those hands holding the petals.
such a flip to realize the opposite seasons in our worlds.
the sun, the light, yes heals.

layers said...

our summer is winding down here and your spring is gearing up there-- how nice to see all your flowers blooming- your photo imagery is always so beautiful.

Deborah said...

Hope your son feels better soon. It's good that you finally got a diagnosis. Sometimes that makes it easier. Your photos are lovely.

annell4 said...

Yes, I am reassured of the light by your photography. And I hope you will see it too....don't they say, maybe you are still in the hallway? Thanks