Thursday, April 15, 2010

Erosion Bundle Project- Part 2

It's time for the big reveal! This project started on December 30 when our bundles went out into the weather. The NZ summer sunshine in my case! Today the bag came down from the clothes line and I got to take a look inside. I made a book from scrap paper and put it in a cloth bag, you can see the bundle here if you're interested in the before and after photos. The 'after' photos are below.

Can you believe this bag's been outside since the end of last year? Our climate really is kind here!




A long hot summer has meant my bundle has been dry for most of the time. The edges have curled, it's a bit brittle and the coffee stained serviettes gotten mouldy spots but I think my bundles held out surprisingly well! I intentionally left the book loose inside the bag thinking it would undergo some big changes but it turns out the NZ climate is fairly paper friendly during summer!

The next part of this project is to turn the bundles remains into an artwork. I'm not sure where I will go with this but I have until August to figure it out! You can catch up the journey of the other players bundles at Kris Henderson's Erosion Bundle Blog.

Coming soon...More layer paper, some pulpy progress and Week 2 of my Four Weeks in Autumn collage series!

13 comments:

Kris said...

Lisa, love the results on your bundle.
I suspect mold spots will be common in many of the bundles. I for one love how they look on your papers!
Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Caterina Giglio said...

well subtle changes, but changes nonetheless! can't wait to see what you do with it all!

Unknown said...

I had kind weather for my bundle last year. Hoping you have fun with the subtle changes.

BadPenny said...

beautiful - I am especially pleased with my mould spots !!!

heather noye said...

lots of beautiful papers! can't wait to see what you make of it.

Seth said...

Small and subtle changes are what life is sometimes about. I do love what you put inside your bundle and cannot wait to see what amazing creation comes from these pieces.

Mick said...

I'm with Seth ... can't wait to see! :)

Deborah said...

Beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with these pieces!

Mrs Pretzel said...

LOVE the beautiful changes your gentle seasons made in your bundle!!

Jasmine said...

You have some eautiful supplies here. Can't wait to see what you make of them. Have a wonderful weekend :)

My Creative House said...

Although the nature and the weather has been gentle with your bundle, it's looks fantastic.

Irene said...

Wouldn't it be better in this case to leave them outside at least through the fall to weather them more?

Unknown said...

You had the additional challenge of gentle weather. I love the little book!
(hey)Jude
www.strawmountainblog.blogspot.com