Friday, November 13, 2009

Shades of inspiration



A little while back I took part in Lawendula's Paper Swap and my partner was Deb of Drydart. I recieved these great papers back from her and have already put some of them into use! Thanks Deb! I espcially like the colours of the papers shown in the bottom right hand cornder of the top photo and when you see where  get my inspiration from you can see why I like them!


You know it's a great day when you find not one but two nests! This close up shot really inspires me, birds are of course master layerists, weavers and recyclers!

The same nest from the close up, below is exactly how I found it- face down on the grass and just waiting for me! I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw the clump on the grass and thinking I was being wishful I went and checked it out just incase it was actually a nest. I moved it onto some near by leaves to get the other photo of it. Had it been there I might not have spotted it!


Some more inspiring nature gifts that I spotted on my walk...


Last but not least...I  went back for the nest that I found with Thrush eggs in it about 9 weeks ago.You may remember that I had disturbed the nest not realising that it wasn't vacant and then I spent the rest of the day half excited at my find and half scared that I had done something terrible! Good news though! That nest was blessed and when I went back there were no cold eggs still inside. Wheeew!

Yesterday I 'stole' time to do some more on my Labyrinth book for the Pulp Redux Collaboration , I carved another lino print and did some more on one of the pages. I'm working with such talented ladies and I've had the odd 'what was I thinking? 'moment and little self doubt parties when I suddenly think that I'm not really up for this after all...but they're in passing and usually as a result of my being frustrated over something else!  I'm not about to give up on this don't you worry! It's the best collab ever and there's no way I'm missing out!

14 comments:

Lisa said...

you certainly can't miss out on the collaboration.. don't give it a second thought.. your book is so fabulous... I can't wait to get a hold of it and create a woven wonder inside of it!! Being a nest fanatic...I just love those nests...and you found two..how lucky are you..such a fabulous little treasures. I'm amazed at the complexity of birds nests... all made with little beaks!

Irene said...

Such a fun post, Lisa. Especially with the pretty nests in it. But your papers from the paper swap are nice too. You will have fun with them. I'm amazed at the imagination of people.

Lawendula said...

Wonderful papers from Deb. She told me the other day, that this was so much fun.
Well, it it. So easy, so joyful.
Have a nice day!

ArtPropelled said...

You are blessed to find nests!Aren't they just perfect! The papers you've been sent are indeed an inspiration, Lisa. And as for your pulp redux book ..... inspiration abounds!

Unknown said...

Love love love the nests. It's been many years since I found one. Lucky you. Enjoy them!

Mick said...

The nests series of photographs is superb. But, what? A new linocut? And you haven't shared? :O

layers said...

great post-- I love papers and I really love nests-- and the joy of finding them outside in nature is the best!

Caterina Giglio said...

love all your great finds! looks like the paper swap was a big success!

John M. Mora said...

Thank you for sharing your joy and creative excitement...my best - watch out for bird lice in them nests

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Beautiful images. I enjoyed strolling around with you.

Nishant said...

Wonderful papers from Deb. She told me the other day, that this was so much fun. Work from home India

Debrina said...

Hello Lisa - just catching up now on your latest blog post. Oh those nests are so gorgeous aren't they! I found a gorgeous little small one like your last photo, last Summer. It holds my favourite charm bracelelt now.
Oh and you did so well in your paper swap!

Seth said...

Deb really sent you a great stash! And two nests... that just must be a symbol of luck in some culture somewhere!

Anonymous said...

fabulous papers!! and omg, you are the nest finding queen!! i can never find nests here and love them so very much. i have one from hawaii, but that's my only one. i wonder if i did find one here if i could mail it to you or if your postal people would destroy it. i'm going on a walk today to look for you... since i never find any for myself. ;) i think changing my mindset could potentially work!