Friday, August 28, 2009

Play time!

Click the image to see everything larger.

It's been a busy week here. I did work experience at a local art place which was really cool. It was pretty laid back and I'm going to go back and help hang exhibition in October all going well! I've also made my first book with covers made some thick sheets of handmade paper, no fancy binding (still to learn that) but it's really cool to see an actual book that I made and I know I will be doing some more. I will post pics as soon as I've finished embellishing the cover!
I just figured out what the 'make a collage' button does in Picassa. It's not rocket science but it looks really cool! In brief the collage shows different background papers that I have been playing around with. Indian ink and water, wet ink and salt, wet paper, paint and salt, wax drippings (my son did some too.) You can see the mountains I painted on the placemats.
They're not masterpiece's but it was great to break through some of my self-imposed pressure when it comes to painting! I did actually enjoy it so there should be more to come!
Last but not least... a beautifully rusted muffin tin! I am going to have to do some rust dying I think!

I received an award from Nancy at Openings Connecting which is much appreciated. I will post it in my next post and make my tags. Thanks Nancy!

5 comments:

Irene said...

I like your collage very much. It's very agreeable to the eye. It all blends in very well. I must see if I can do something like it. Thanks for the tip!

Mick said...

I got a kick out of the make-a-collage story ... it reminds me of a line in Chuck Berry's "You Can't Catch Me" where he sings, "push in on the button and you can hear her sing". Yup!

John M. Mora said...

whhhoooa the banner is hot...jumped out -

like the image above the sideways burnign candle..

ArtPropelled said...

Your banner is fantastic! I love the collage feature on Picasa and can while away my time, playing and having fun. The one thing I havn't mastered is getting the photo collage to fit the banner area properly. No matter what I do it still falls short.

ArtPropelled said...

Your banner is fantastic! I love the collage feature on Picasa and can while away my time, playing and having fun. The one thing I havn't mastered is getting the photo collage to fit the banner area properly. No matter what I do it still falls short.