Typography page from old encyclopedia, sparrow from children's book, op shop found thread, feather, red and gold paint, beads, handmade paper with text flecked through it. I made the paper from the pages of an old, falling-apart book.
I've been paper making again as I mentioned and the AB uses some paper I made the other day and the photo below shows some of the paper I made today. The sheet below was made up from 2 thin sheets with string laid in between the 2 layers. Once I had pressed the layers together firmly I pulled the string up creating the rips. I love the torn apart look and I've made a mental note to do this again with 2 different types of paper. I want to try either different colours and one with images or leaves embedded in it so that when the top sheet is torn away it reveals the other. There's a lot of new discoveries to be made I am sure! Tomorrow I am doing some work experience and will be assisting with a paper making workshop...should be fun!
In case you were wondering about the pears...yes I did paint...but I didn't like my pears so I covered them up and decided to paint mountains instead. Back to what I know! I got quite annoyed with the pears and I don't like the space I find myself in when things don't go according to plan. Thankfully I did realise that although I didn't like the pears I was actually enjoying the act of painting. I ended up with 3 small works, done very quickly and without any dramas! I will post pics when the light is good for photographing them. I am going to take some time to paint in my visual diary and that way if I don't like it...I can throw it away or rip it up for collage!