Monday, June 8, 2009

p.a.p.e..r.!

This is a page from my visual diary. You can see the embossed leaf paper (which I made from the paper from an expired cheque book) and the paper I made from serviettes and rose petals. While my computer was in the shop I had my birthday and DH gave me the most wonderful bunch of roses so I decided to re-use a few! Oh, I cut out a few birds eggs too!

Above: A selection from my paper experiments! The yellow paper is coloured with marigold dye and I'm pleased with it's intensity. I pressed a broken sheet of paper onto a green sheet to get the marbled edges. It also means it's green on one side and yellow on the other!

Below: These leaves are trapped inside 2 sheets of paper. I'm curious to see what happens to the leaves...will they decay without direct light or moisture? Will their organic-ness result in the life span of this paper being shorter than the rest?


This is so much fun! I just love the texture, the feel, the look of hand made paper! I am keen to do some ink/lino cut prints on some of my own paper and experiment with sizing it so it can be written on. I've bought the lino and already have cutters and ink so watch this space!


6 comments:

Mick said...

Oh Boy! Lino cuts are coming! :D

jewelrygirl said...

The paper is beautiful. I love the simplicity of it!

Irene said...

Great! I can't wait to see the lino cuts. The paper is wonderful. I love the marigold one and the one withe the leaves pressed between the layers.

XOX
Irene

Debrina said...

Neato! Bring on the lino cuts and lovin' the paper! Especially the delicate looking marigold and leaf ones.

Anonymous said...

Verrrry nice Lisa, the closest I have come to doing artful things with paper is spitballs...miss ya....jo.hn

ArtPropelled said...

Love, love, love the last piece with the leaves. It's so wonderfully tactile, my hands are itching to touch it.