Tuesday, April 28, 2009

HUNGER AND HOPE

Help end world hunger

Todays the day! 536 bloggers have signed up to speak out against world hunger. It todays current economic climate more and more of us are becoming concerned about keeping our own fridges and cupboards stocked. For many that is a valid fear bought about by hard times, times that will eventually pass for most of us. Spare a thought for those who don't know any different, for mothers who have no hope of feeding there children 3 full meals plus snacks and pudding. For fathers who desperately wish to provide a better life for their children... now with those thoughts in mind I am not about to ask you to pull out your wallet or sponsor a child (both great ideas though!) I am simply asking you to go to the free rice website and take the quiz. For every question you answer correctly 10 grains of rice are donated to starving families. I put my money (so to speak) where my mouth is too and I helped donate 1000 grains and that's just tonight while blogging...oh and you can watch a video of the donated rice being distributed here if you would like too. Please match my thousand...blitz it if you have time...or even just add a few hundred grains. It will make a difference.

No comments: