Saturday, March 14, 2009

Muse Me

What could be more lovely than a delicate row of autumn leaves slowly swaying in the soft breeze?
I had a fantastic day yesterday at McLarens Fall where the 1st "muse me" event was held as part of the annual "Sustainable Backyards" month run by the council. 'Muse Me' was about artists making art from the immediate environment while being accompanied by musicians. It was a wonderful open air event and I can't wait till next years (which I will be participating in... wahoo!) To see all the artworks and read about the event click here and you will be taken to my other blog. I am going to post a few of my favorites in greater detail here starting with this leaf work.


6 comments:

Irene said...

Great fun! How wonderful to take natures gifts and make art with them. That's right up my alley. I like your circle f leaves.

Mick said...

An amazing piece, Lisa! You knew I'd love it, didn't you? I wonder if you thought to capture the sound of those rustling leaves so you might have an audio record of this project to accompany this gorgeous photo set?

rivergardenstudio said...

Oh, these are so lovely and so inspiring! Thank you for sharing them and this wonderful day... Roxanne

John M. Mora said...

Wonderful day and communal too.

i love it and as always your infectious enthusiasm.

My very best....john

Anonymous said...

Lovely Lisa! It shows just how beautiful nature is. We'll all be waiting for next year, to see what you contribute!

The Artful Eye said...

Sounds like a great event. This image with the colorful leaves hanging, like on a clothesline, leaves me speechless. Beautiful..