Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dried petals





Posted by Picasa


The marigold petals I put in my flower press a few weeks back came out really well. I was impressed with the level of colour they retained, especially after the much lighter shade I got from turning the petals into a dye. The top photo shows that I didn't take the time to ensure they weren't over-lapping when I dried them. I don't know what I thought would happen but I didn't expect them to stick like that! Most of them peel apart though:) It is probably just as well I didn't 'unstick' them because it was while handling them like this that it occurred to me that they would make a wonderful material for collage a nest with...a happy accident!

This weeks lensday theme is GROWTH. I've posted my entry here if you would like to see it.
Go well! Lisa:)

3 comments:

Mick said...

Ya gotta love those happy accidents, Lisa! :)

Debi said...

It's funny, Lisa, that I press flowers (and leaves) and I never thought to bunch them together so that they would stick!

Those colors are to die for. And I guess you did (dye). heh heh

John M. Mora said...

i.played.here...typo.ville.