Saturday, January 24, 2009

Black and White Birds

I was sitting at a picnic table when this sparrow popped up next to me. I already had my camera in hand so I slowly turned around desperately hoping I wouldn't frighten it away. I'm using an SLR which was set to 'full sun' and 'dynamic focus area' instead of the most ideal setting which would have been 'shade' and 'closest subject.' That would have allowed me to blur out the people of the bench behind the bird focusing entirely in the bird. I was a little bummed that I didn't have the time to change the settings but as it turns out a bit of fiddling with the contrast, light fill and tone took these images from warmish, brightly coloured photos to something a bit more suited for later use in my collages!The 1st and 3rd images look quite good 'large' if you want to take the time to click on them and view them in the next size. These will be printed on to paper or transperancy paper at a later date.









Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Irene said...

Great photographs, Lisa. You did a splendid job given the circumstances. They turned out very well.

Mick said...

I like all three, especially the second where it looks like the little beggar is giving us all a "Bronx Cheer"! :D

Joy Logan said...

Love these shots and the out of focus backgrounds. I am so sick of my digital camera,can't try anything as fun anymore.

John M. Mora said...

Very nice captures, Lisa. Bird doing a cat and mouse dance for a meal.

Was this at the amusement park or closer to home?

My best.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa- I have subscribed to this blog so when you have new posts I'll be notified- Vanessa (TLC) Looking great by the way.