Friday, February 15, 2008

John


I hope I got the colour of your t.shirt right John:)

After the Jim Cooper exhibition the other day I decided to do a fun cartoonish portrait of the next person who gave me an award, as a way of saying thankyou. Just so happens that it was John who's the lucky recipient! SURPRISE!! (I hope you like surprises!)
It dosn't really help that I have never actually seen John....
None the less I did learn from Jim Cooper that art/drawing is what ever you want it to be. I applied lots of imagination and painted this upside and working quickly I tried not to think and somehow dictate what the finished painting looked like. I guess everyone has a mind picture of what some-one looks like based on the things they do or don't reveal. This was a bit if fun to do and I hope there's no offence taken!

Ps: John, you very nearly got a blue dress shirt and paisley print tie...but I am fresh out of paisely printed paint today:)

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Bobbie said...

Lisa, I think your painting portrays John very well. That bohemian look suits him. Or perhaps it is the beanik look. Regardless this portrait was fun to see.

John M. Mora said...

Thank you for making me skinnier, younger, taller, hairier. I do think I have to shove at least one more pair of socks into my jeans ala late 60s Mick Jagger.

Rima said...

paisley printed paint! oh you native english speakers slay me! i'm stealing that one - love the rainbow hair. Question: what's painting upside? (I am NOT being sarcastic, I really don't know and am not ashamed to admit it)

The Artful Eye said...

Lisa, absolutely fantastic. I would love to get my hands on some paisley printed paint.

Unknown said...

of course now we must see what he really looks like...this is great fun
~sue okieffe

Irene said...

I say we all take a democratic vote and ask John to reveal himself with his paisley tie neatly tied in a Windsor knot.

If he doesn't, he will go down in the annals of history as the beatnick Lisa portrayed him as. Which I think she did a god job of.

What do you think, people?