Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A new collage!! Artist block BROKEN!


This is the first collage I have created in around 2 years. I am pretty excited about that!
Finally that nasty artist block has been broken!!
 How did I do that?
I waited. And waited. And waited some more. Sorry I can't give any information more useful than that for others who are experiencing the same thing. I had to wait it out and work on other aspects of my life. Apparently there's been a lot to work on!
Not only does it feel FANTASTIC to create art again it's also a great sign about where I am at now and it's so encouraging to me to actually feel like I am winning in the battle with the black dog. Whoop!!

 Here's a close up of her. I made marks on paper in pencil then collage together the neck of the deer. It was the first time I have tried that technique and although I like the look I didn't enjoy working with the fiddly bits of tiny paper! I drew the head as one piece.

 Below: A sneak preview of the next collage, this one is intended for ICE 2014. I am not sure about the other collage.

 Of course, I have something to say in this one!
I struggle with drawing, I always have and it's very rear for me to include an image of something I drew in an artwork. I am so pleased with this deer I drew that I did 4 of them, all different but in the same pose. I find the grid helps immensely, not just for enlarging but also for seeing. I need to isolate a small part and stick to only what I can see in the square with no concern about any other part of the image. If it's not in the square it doesn't matter!

May your nest be blessed!
Lisa

3 comments:

Jo Murray said...

Lovely work Lisa. A head start for ICE 2014 indeed.

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Thanks Jo. I am so happy to be creating again!

Kris said...

I love this collage. Keep on creating!!! Don't let that energy get away :)