Monday, January 10, 2011

Crop Circles, Lollie Pop's and Bull's Eyes.


I'm back home again after an FABULOUS camping trip to Mclarens Falls. It's 170 hectares of land just waiting to be discovered and enjoyed and we most definitely did that! Waterfalls, cricket, roasted marshmallows, photography and nature art...bliss!



So many lovely things to be gathered....

....sticks, berries, flowers, moss, leaves, pine needles, pine cones...

All found on the ground of course! No picking allowed!
There was some debate as too what I had created...was it a crop circle, a lollie pop or a bulls eye?  The kids originally thought I was making a nest and were quite unsatisfied with my answer that I was just making something to leave behind...but that's what it was, something to be found by someone else.  I just hope someone enjoys it before the lawn mower man gets to it! lol.

I also collected eeucalyptus/bluegum leaves and bark to make dye from. The bag of bark smells devine! I'm  all inspired again now and am looking forward to some time to play! If anyone can offer me advice on how to make the dye fix to paper as a wash I would be most appreciative. So far I am only finding recipes that require me to boil fabric with a moderant in order to 'fix' it and some how I don't think my paper will appreciate being boiled!

7 comments:

Corrine said...

I was wondering that as well. I've been inspired by India Flint's blog, and she did a workshop a while ago that seemed to involve paper inside a cloth bundle and boiling to fix the dye. Hmmm I feel some experimenting coming on.

Irene said...

Your crop circle is wonderful. I hope a lot of people got to enjoy it.

Kim Palmer said...

I've been watching India Flints blog too and she does amazing work with cloth and dye. Let me know if you find the answer as I've been making paper lately as well and experimenting with dying. Good luck! Lovin the circles of goodies. Imagine what the mower guy will think, LOL!

Mick said...

Well, now, what a fabulous Crop Circle! You all did a marvelous job and the documentation is perfect. I'm inspired to go outside in the snowstorm that we're having and make a Snow Circle. Unfortunately, it would fill in as quickly as it was created! :O

Seth said...

How great to happen upon your gift!

John M. Mora said...

I'll takde an olive for my martini - that tree in the back also looks warm and fresh.

india flint said...

paper can indeed be boiled...just don't stir the pot!