Thursday, March 4, 2010

RAW + JPEG (basic) =






No I havn't gone MIA.. It's just been a busy week!
I decided to squeeze in a walk to see what the RAW + JPEG (basic) function does on my camera. I guess I could have read the manual but going walk-a-bout is definately more interesting! These are my 3 favorite pics from my walk along the Fraser St Reserve. No fancy editing required for these photos, I guess thats the joy of a good camera and the fruits of a bit (ok a lot!) of time spent learning what all the buttons and menu options do.It's very easy to be a lazy photographer when the camera's available these days are so good! I am trying to do more 'by hand' instead of taking the easier road. Just for the record..the RAW + JPEG button does exactly what it sounds like it will do...the camera takes one image in RAW (about 7mb) and an identical JPEG at a much lower res (these are about 700kb.) 

ICE # 10 is complete, ICE # 11 is in progress..I'll be back soon!



6 comments:

The Green Stone Woman said...

Beautiful photographs, Lisa. Well done!

Mick said...

Agreed, all are beautiful. If this is what you call fall, then I'm in for for a fiver!

ArtPropelled said...

The first one is my favourite. There is so much I have to learn about my camera but I'm taking it slow.

Seth said...

Beautiful set of images. Love the light in the third!

Paula S In New Mexico said...

Fabulous images. What kind of camera are you using?

Deborah said...

Beautiful images!