Monday, December 28, 2009

Lucky ME!!


One of my favorite photos from 09!
Photography by Lisa Sarsfield.

This year has been a great art year! Nests to inspire, lino cuts, collages, experiements, collaborations, handmade paper,stitching, marigold dye, graduation and great blog friends! I am indeed a lucky, Lucky Dipper!

I woke this morning quite reluctant to get out of my comfortable bed, I am sooo not a morning person! However, the day is good! In fact, so far it's not just been good but awesome!
I logged on to the computer and found a lovely comment from Debrina telling me that there was a post featuring me, Lisa J and Lyle on her blog. Over I go to check it out and wow!  Deb's has written so many wonderful things about us that I sat there all blushy and teary and feeling like I had just won an oscar! I am really blown away and Deb's kindess. Thankyou Debrina! Please go and check out her post and her previous work because she is one cool Kiwi with talent to boot!

As if this wasn't enough to really boost my spirits I also found out that Seth has listed my 'secret' on his latest Secret Sunday posting. Thankyou Seth! Please take the time to hop on over to Seth's blog and discover Seth's amazing altered artworks and the latest secrets!

Last but not least, I am puttng together my own version of the New Years honours so watch this space on New Years Day!

10 comments:

Kim Palmer said...

OMG Lisa!!! Just catching up and wow lots of gorgeous posts. Love collage number *-Expired. Definitely my fav of them all so far!!! Love the blurry light pic, thought I'd been drinking already, phew thank goodness, ROFL! Loved the wee birdy ornamant, how perfect for you is that one! And I also love the photograph, dappled light and greenery, it doesn't get much better! Popped in to Seth's blog too. The man rocks! Hope your new year is awesome and Santa brought everything you could wish for!

Debrina said...

Hi Lisa - well, like I said, it's all absolutely true in my opinion (what I've said about you that is). No need for me to worry about karma - good or bad. If you tell the truth, that's good enough in my books. Lol! One of my resolutions for next year will be to get into more challenges and swaps and I'm still keen to do ICE but via a different tack than what I started.

Debrina said...

PS. that photo is just so lush!

John M. Mora said...

A most wonderful pic Lisa, mum, my dear....all my best. Regards from a frozen waistland. No halter tops here.

nancy neva gagliano said...

how exciting, and deserving....isn't it really a great experience when something good makes you teary eyed?
cheers for the new year

John M. Mora said...

look for a shore line....

Caterina Giglio said...

you deserve the accolades! brava!

Mick said...

We have grass like that ... well, covered in ice at the moment!

John M. Mora said...

happy new year, mum

Anonymous said...

love the photo!!

happy new year, sweetness! i know you're ahead of me, in 2010 already. i have a few hours to go. i read deb's post -- she is just such an amazing lady, isn't she! and everything she says of you is so true!

and contracts on being on the secret sunday blog. i am so embarrassed to have fallen so behind but will surely check it out this evening. i can't wait to read what you've shared!!!

hugs!!