Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Poetry Puzzle and Altered Playing Cards



These playing cards are the last 4 in the hearts suit that we've been altering in the Alternative Artist's group. The 10 is mine however as I havn't gotten the permission of the other artists I won't name names!


These look better in the 'real' but due to camera issues I'm doing the best with what I've got!
These are 'puzzle pieces' for a collaborative poetry puzzle swao I am hosting on the NZ Mail Art group.
We each have a segment to illustrate for our group and at the end of it we'll get 6 puzzle pieces made my 5 other artists or 9 by 8 if like me your in both groups! lol
The complete poem will read...
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops- at all.
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sort must be the storm
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
I've heard it in the chillest land
and on the strangest sea
Yet never in extremity
did it ask a crumb of me.
I can't remember who wrote this origianly but it's a lovely poem and probably my favourite.
The complete poem will be put together how ever the artist chooses.





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

John M. Mora said...

These card images are excellent - 10 is angelic. I like tour collages so much and you should be proud of that exhibit you entered. My best - John