Thursday, February 7, 2008

50 Artists, 50 works in 50 days


This painting is not part of the 50/50/50 challenge or exhibit! I painted this over a year ago when I had paintings for sale in a local furniture shop.
Posted by Picasa
Apologies for not being a very good visitor to all of your blogs lately! I have been flat out lately keeping up with my Diploma work and kids! Now that they are back at school I should be able to catch up. They are probably famous last words though! I am also trying to get some collages prepared for the 10th annual international collage exchange which is being hosted in NZ. Now, I think I am busy but here's a link to 2 talented artists who are taking part in the 50 Artists, 50 works in 50 days exhibition.I don't know either of them personaly but I am blown away by the professional collages and super realistic water colours this husband and wife team are doing. Each of them are entering as artists in their own right and when you see their work you will see that is well earnt! It is a big challenge but I am sure it will push the participating artists to new levels. Keeping inspired and keeping the work of the same high level as the first works is going to be a big commitment but the rewards have to be great...as it is when you push yourself to these extents and come out the other side wiser and better skilled. My best to them and the other 48 artists who are participating!
As for me I had better dissapear back to my art space and get back to creating....will visit you all again soon:)
Ka Kite,
Lisa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like this one!!! It has such nice bright colors, and yet it's calming. It reminds me of being in a church and seeing the sunlight come through the stained glass windows. Very well done Lisa!

Trijnie said...

This is great work, hope you will have succes for the event. I will cross my fingers for you

Artists With Artitude said...

I am so glad you will be participating in the exhibition. And thank you for reminding us about it (is it too late for me??)...I love what Dale does for the "cause" (collage, that is:)...

I am curious: am I the only one who thinks that the only couple working in the same industry WITHOUT tearing each others' hair can make it as a couple would be a pair of artists. What do you think, Lisa?

igor said...

Very interesting!

Irene said...

In my next life, I am coming back as a collage maker, I am sure of it, because every time I see collages, I get very excited. I can't wait to see what you will make for the exhibition and am very impatient about that, but I know you need the time and space to properly design them. If I only could take a peek over your shoulder to see how you do it. Too bad you live on the other side of the world.

Bev said...

I have just read your comment on my blog about your daughter and think your energy and commitment to your art is admirable in view of the difficulties you must encounter daily.

dianeclancy said...

Hi Lisa,

This is a beautiful painting - the colors are very nice.

I wish you luck on your journey with this project - it sounds very good!

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
www.YourArtMarketing.com

John M. Mora said...

Best of luck, Lisa. Although you do not need luck...I like the painting - it shows your love and care for the environment - very grounded and most sincere.

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Hi Shani, thankyou! I like the stained glass comparison!

To all of you who were wonderful enough to wish me luck I am sorry to have confused things! I am NOT actually doing the 50/50/50 challenge I am just spectating and this post was in support of the artists that ARE doing it. Thankyou all the same though, your all wonderful!

Neda, I agree. Only an artist can really understand the compulsive and sometimes nutrotic/obsesisve behaviour (personaly speaking!) exhibited by an inspired or depressed artist! Artists are a unique 'breed' lol!

Thankyou Igor, I will be coming over to see who the mystery man is later :)

Sweet Irene, you'd be most welcome to peek over my sholder and then I could peek over yours to see how those mandala's are made!

Thankyou Bev, but truth be told it is probably harder for her than me and seeing as though she hardly ever complains it would hardly be right if I did! You adapt and atleast she was my first and I didn't know any different! I admit art is a great release for me though.

Thanks again, I love getting your comments and thoughts!