Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Buon Natale!

Time and tide wait for no man! This quote has certainly proven to be true. The end of the year ALREADY?? I am actually looking forward to Christmas this year. Last year was...terrible... but this year feels different. I am different. Even if the happiness and optimism turns out to be fleeting I am choosing to embrace it and live in it for 'the now.' I am learning that the little black dog has this sneaky way of pouncing just when I feel I've turned a corner. When I start to think it's no longer a problem it reminds me it is. I am also learning to live in the now and as I type this I realize that maybe it's me on the chain and not the dog. Something to ponder...

Back to Christmas! It's that time of year when things wind up for school. 7 whole weeks of no school and that means no teaching for me. We've been making Eco friendly Christmas crackers, blessing others with random acts of kindness and we even did this....



A guerrilla Christmas Tree!! We loved decorating the tree with paper chains, bells and bows. Hopefully it bought some Christmas joy to others who passed it after we left. It also means that I have done my last New Year's 'treesolution' from 2011. Better late than never!

A tutti-fruity Christmas picnic under 'our' tree seemed to be the perfect way to end the school term and year.

It seems Magoo's dog Honey enjoyed it too :)
 
  
I chose the tutti-fruity theme in keeping with our summer Christmas, mother nature contributed the 'White Christmas' in the form of blossoms everywhere. 


Wishing you all a happy and safe Christmas, regardless of your reasons for celebrating.
Buon Natale!!

4 comments:

Irene said...

It takes a while to beat the black dog completely. I think you are doing a good job. At least you've got him chained up now. Happy holidays! I'll be celebrating them with my daughter, xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Buon Natale back to you! looks like a wonderful picnic and seems as though you have turned the corner spiritually speaking, wonderful to live in the now isn't it? xx

ArtPropelled said...

Paper chains remind me of chalk smelling classrooms and excitement for the end of term. Happy HAPPY Christmas season to you and yours Lisa.

Kris said...

Continued joy to you!!
So glad to see you post :)