Saturday, February 21, 2009

Disentegration Collaboration


Posted by Picasa
I found this collaboration project on Andrea's blog who found it on Seth's blog and ofcourse I could resist the chance to collaborate in the "Disentegration Collaboration." Seth's blog has an open invite, just follow the link and read. Just be warned, Seth's site (and Andrea's!) are addictive.
So what is the Disentegration Collaboration? Well from what I read it is a collaboration with nature. Each artist makes a bundle and then leaves it outside in the arms of mother nature. Depending on where you live your bundle will be beaten by the wind, relentlessly rained on, baked dry by the sun or even snowed on. On May 1st collaborators around the globe will eagerly retrieve their piles and marvel at the results.

Here's whats in mine..."Cardinal" playing cards, paper scrap from my collages, coffee dyed paper, textured wall paper scrap, cardboard, wine coloured mulberry paper, plastic mesh from an onion bag, folded magazine page, folded paper bag with paper scrap inside it, old book page. It's all stacked together, wrapped in material scrap and bound with wool.

Front and back of my bundle in it's position outside. I've hung mine from the clothesline and half expect to find a spider will have moved in by the time it's ready to bring in again! I want to use the contents of mine to make a collage to record the project 'off line' and it will be nice to look at in the mean time!


Weather today: Overcast, promise of rain, no wind.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you have a very colorful bundle, I wonder if the colors will fade with the sun or rain.
Fun challenge!

Unknown said...

I see that Darlene has been here! I've known her for ages. Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog. Your bundle looks exciting! I just browsed your blogs, but will return, lots of yummy things to see.

Seth said...

Wonderrul bundle Lisa!! I bet it will look even better on May 1! So glad you are participating.

The Artful Eye said...

Yeah! Glad you joined in on the project. That's one hefty bundle.

I can't wait to see what these look like on May 1.

Mick said...

Krikey! Why didn't I think of this. Okay, I'm heading over to Seth's blog and then out to the BIG Back Yard to hang one of my own. If I can get these lazy old bones to to do it!

John M. Mora said...

I think I see a chicken thigh in that bundle...good luck, Lucky Dipper.

rivergardenstudio said...

what a beautiful bundle...I love how each artist creates such different pieces for this collaboration... your touches of red and brown are striking, and the way you wrapped it... have a great week! Roxanne

Unknown said...

Nice bundle, Lisa! My eyes were immediately drawn to the RED cardinals. I'm so thrilled this spread all over the world. I've been visiting blogs everywhere, that I might not have other wise.

Corrine said...

Great bundle, I've got some on the go too. It's great to find another kiwi doing this